While updating or Installing the Mcafee Total Protection software on your Mac device, if you have got an issue then it can be because of several reasons. The best way to troubleshoot this error is by resolving the issues. In this article, we have discussed below how you can resolve issues that can lead to McAfee Total Protection Installation errors on Mac.
McAfee Security software is known for its comprehensive security mechanism that offers to keep your device untouched from viruses and malware. the products and services offered by Mcafee secure your device with a protective firewall. Mcafee Total Protection is an internet security tool to provide a secure and safe browsing experience. However, Multiple users have reported that while updating the Sofware on Mac they are facing some installation issues. To make it easier for you, we have explained below how to download and activate McAfee Total Protection on your device successfully.
Steps to Install McAfee Total Protection
- Shut down every other tab and open a browser window.
- Now enter mcafee.com/activate in the URL bar and hit enter.
- Click on “My Account” from the top-right corner and then enter your account credentials to log in to your Mcafee account.
- Click on “Create a new account” if you don’t have an existing McAfee account.
- Now go to the McAfee Total Protection Download page and then click on the “Download” button.
- Enter the location where you want to save the file and then click on Download.
- Once the software is downloaded, Go to the folder where the file is stored and double-click on the McAfee Installer file to execute it.
- Click on Next and then choose “I Accept” to confirm the agreement and terms and then select your language and location.
- now click on Install and then wait until it completes.
- Now enter your 25-digit Mcafee Product key when prompted on the screen and then click on the submit button.
this way you can successfully install and activate the Mcafee Total Protection on your device. However, while updating the software there are some instances where you might get errors. these issues can occur in both manual and automatic updates.
Causes of McAfee Total Protection Installation Issues
While trying to update the Mcafee Total Protection software on your Mac device, there could be some configuration issues with your device that can lead to this error. we have mentioned some common issues that can cause this error.
- One of its reasons can be the disabled Mac Kernal Extension.
- Incorrect or wrong configuration of Firewall on your device can block the connection to update the software.
- Misconfiguration of Settings of browsers can also be one of the reasons.
So if you have encountered this error then these are some of the possible issues. You can quickly troubleshoot this error by resolving these issues.
How to Fix Mcafee Total Protection Installation Issues?
You can simply follow these procedures we have mentioned to fix this error.
Turn-on Mcafee Kernal Extension
You need to follow these steps to turn-on Mcafee Kernal Extension.
- Open the menu option from the desktop and click on preferences.
- From the Preferences window, click on the security and privacy option and then open Mac Kernal Extension.
- Turn-on the Extension to enable it.
Configure Firewall Settings
- Once you have established that the cause of this error is incorrect settings of the firewall then open the application folder.
- now go to the Firewall tab and then click on mcafee firewall settings.
- Now enable the Internet Security And web security option and then click on save.
- Close the firewall window and then restart your device.
After successfully troubleshooting this error, open the Mcafee Console and update your software to the latest release to enjoy the advanced security features by mcafee. However, while updating the software make sure to uninstall all the existing McAfee or other security software products from your device. You can then follow the steps we have explained above to install Mcafee Total Protection on your device. while installing the software, if you are still getting any error then you can contact McAfee Customer Service. they will help you with the best possible ways to fix this error.